Saturday 10 July 2010

Making an entrance...

A hallway is the entrance to your home. For most people it ends up as a space cluttered with bikes, coats, shoes and random "stuff". Not for me... I wanted no clutter. My hallway is basically a staircase with a tiny square landing at the top. Most people would paint it white to make it "look bigger". I wanted to celebrate it's smallness. There is little or no natural light..so I wanted to embrace that. I used Farrow & Ball's off black all over - ceiling, walls & woodwork. The 1920's Glass doorknobs came from an old house in Maine, USA (very Stephen King) and the glass keyhole escutcheons and mirror glass fingerplates are 1930's French. I think a hallway should give an idea of the feel of the rooms that lie behind the doors .... This is mine.....






.